Dictionaries: signs, heads, and facial expressions

Sun Jun 20 02:30:43 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 19, 2004

Attached is a page from Goldilocks transcribed from video...In these
ASL sentences there was no shifting into different lanes, but there is
placement of the hands to the left of center, for the big bowl of
porridge, the medium size bowl is in the center and the small bowl is
placed over to the right, and the eyegaze directs the reader's
attention to the three placements...I used a lot of facial expressions
because I feel they are important, but not everyone does...It all
depends on the purpose of your computer software...maybe writing
storytelling is not the purpose...so this might be too
detailed....Usually in dictionaries, they would only have one entry for
the sign for BOWL...and placing the sign to the left or right of center
would not be listed in a dictionary as a separate entry...Val ;-)