[sw-l] Welcome to the NEW SignWriting List!

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Tue Jun 29 18:51:07 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 29, 2004

Bill Reese wrote:
> The reply-to address in your email, Val, has the new addy listed
> twice, which won't work.  :-)

Hello Bill and Everyone!
Yes...Paul Cowley has been working on this...Thanks for noticing...I
know Paul will take care of it...

It is fun to realize that our List is now being hosted at Valencia
Community College in Florida. I see they are in Orlando, Florida...and
they have a special section for international language students....see
the international web page below...So Valenica Community College seems
to be an appropriate host for our SignWriting List...I wonder if they
have a Sign Language department?...Val ;-)

--------------------

Valencia Community College
http://www.valencia.cc.fl.us/

http://www.valencia.cc.fl.us/international/

Center for Global Languages (web site)
  The Center for Global Languages (CGL) offers non-credit language  and
culture courses for adults. The language program is designed to
increase proficiency while communicating in real-life situations.
Courses  are offered for all language levels from Low-Beginner to
High-Advanced,  and the curriculum uses an integrative skills,
thematic-based approach  to learning. CGL offers an Intensive English
Program to non-credit  students. F-1 student visas will be available
starting January 2004.

  English for Academic Purposes (web site)
  English for Academic Purposes (EAP) is a credit  program for speakers
of other languages. The program is designed  to bring English skills to
a level that will help students  be successful in college courses. EAP
is designed for students  who have some background in English, and the
curriculum includes  courses in speaking/listening, reading, writing,
and grammar. Classes  are  15 weeks long and are offered days and
evenings at East and West Campus.

  International Student Services
  Valencia Community College is authorized under federal law to enroll
nonimmigrant students. Your application materials must be submitted  to
the Admissions/Records Office prior to the application deadline  date
for the term in which you wish to enroll. International student
application deadline dates are at least three months prior  to the
start of each  term. If you wish to enroll at Valencia on a
nonimmigrant visa,  you must meet all of the applicable admission
requirements outlined  in  the international student admission packet.

  For more information:
  internationalstudents at valenciacc.edu

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.