The work of e-LIS@

Thu Jun 3 18:42:39 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 3, 2004

Dear SW List, and Daniel!
I am very interested in the conference itself, and what you all learned
there...not just the pictures, which were wonderful too! So I hope that
all of you will share your experiences at the conference related to
signed languages...maybe give us a technical report as to what you
thought of the conference content? I hope several of you will do
that.... ;-)

And I know there are different ways to sort handshapes. If you feel
their work is valuable, of course, share it with me...maybe you can
send it to me privately?...Just realize though, that I have no choice
right now, to try to get a version 1.0 working for the IMWA. The
numbering system we have been working with for years will be a part of
that, and any new ordering system can be looked at and considered in
the future...

No matter what the new numbering system people propose, anything new
gives us the old problem of having to write conversion programs between
the symbolsets, so I really need to keep this in mind, and not make too
many changes...it is really a problem and I am praying we can solve it,
since we are working with 27 countries...smile...You can tell, I am
starting to feel a little tortured myself - ha!

Val ;-)