Sign Proccessing Software

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Sun Jun 13 19:14:53 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Word processing is easy with text.  Spell checking is automatic.  Grammar
checking, word use, and sentence structure are all included.

I would like to discuss the state of sign processing.  I know there is a lot
of development going on in the world.

Free Writing is a term used by Peter Elbow.  It means to start writing and
not analyze anything that you write, while you write it.  If you get lost in
a sentence, skip to a new line and continue to write.  There is no editing
when you write, there are only thoughts on the page.  This is a writing
technique to discover your true voice.  This is not necessarily a speed
drill, but speed is sometimes needed to keep up with the mind.  Free writing
can be done on paper or with software.

Editing involved cuting and pasting.  It requires rewriting specific words,
sentences, or whole paragraphs.

So what is the best sign processor for free writing?

What is the best sign processor for editing?

What projects do you have your eye on for the future?

Thanks for your input,
-Stephen Slevinski