AW: Analyzing SignWriting based on writer profile

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Tue Jun 15 14:54:42 UTC 2004

Hi Stephen,

mh perhaps I missed  some messages in between but -

I am sorry - would you mind to explain in more detail ?

What I understand that there is the idea to look at a SW-document and
understand more about the whys and hows?

What might influence an authors style of writing ... So we speak about
typed - SW-DOS  based Documents

or do you include handwritten documents-

I would like to know:

first of all - what is the reason for the idea to write the document this
way.

Where and how did the scribe learn to write SW?

Let us discuss levels of Sign language ability - 1-10   (Do you know of any
criteria to judge the level of competence) -
What is your idea - do you expect any connection between SL competence and
SW competence?

What is Text language ability? ?

What is translation ability ? The ability  to translate an idea from SL to
spoken Language and vice versa?

And the top of the interesting issues: How to estimate SignWriting ability -

Some months or even years ago we discussed the problem to get kind of
certificates that gives kind of proof that the person who passed this test
is a certified SW - reader/writer ?  But I am afraid that there are too many
problems connected with that. The whole problem with reading and writing
spoken languages would be much more complex at this stage of development of
SW.

Stefan ;-))
L.I.F.E.