Sign Proccessing Software

Adam Frost seniorafrost at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 17 15:38:36 UTC 2004

I agree with you Val. I think that the main reason there is such a
distintion between spoken language terms and sign language terms is because
for too long sign language was not considered a language. So by using
different terms, it isn't mistaken for spoken languages (like Val
mentioned); and I think that it forces hearing people who thought that sign
languages weren't really languages to see that it truly is. It causes them
to not adimaticaly think spoken languages. Yes, the terms that are used for
spoken languages can be used to descibe SL, but for these reasons it isn't.

Adam