printing from SW Java question

Fri Jun 18 00:47:59 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 17, 2004

Nancy Emery wrote:
>  Now, thanks to my university's site license, I have access to
> Photoshop 7 - but it looks quite complicated and I don't know how to
> use it,
> and the books I saw seemed to be mostly about working with photos.  So
> -
> sorry to trouble you - but could you explain a little more step by
> step what
> I need to do to use it to print from SW Java?  (You also said something
> about using Acrobat to make a pdf file to print more than a page at a
> time?)

Hello Everyone, and Nancy -
I will be happy to help you...

1. Open SignWriter Java
2. You now have a document on your screen that you want to print...
3. Instead of printing (because SW Java sadly cannot right now), take a
screen capture instead...
4. How to create a screen capture? Press Command-Shift-3...that will
take a picture of your entire screen...
5. The Screen capture will probably be named PICTURE 1.PDF. It will be
on your desktop.
6. Close SignWriter Java. Open Photoshop.
7. In Photoshop, under the File Menu, choose Open.
8. Open the file named PICTURE 1.PDF from your desktop, inside
Photoshop.

Try getting this far ...then write again and I will teach you how to
crop the photo in Photoshop...Yes...the screen capture is a photo
too...of your screen...I know it is a new experience, but this is good
for you to learn in general...taking screen captures is something I do
daily and I love them!

Meanwhile, as you all know, there is a team in Switzerland attempting
to create a new version of SignWriter Java, called SignWriter Tiger. I
know it is a very big job, and it is not ready yet, but I suspect that
someday we will be able to print from SignWriter Tiger...this is just a
temporary problem above...