Flying Bird

Sun Jun 20 05:03:45 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 19, 2004

Sandy - The thumb, like other fingers too, can bend from the middle
joint, or from the knuckle joint. The middle joint uses the dots, to
show squeezing or flicking motion. But when the finger or thumb remain
straight, there can be a hinge-like motion from the knuckle
joint...that Hinge motion is written with little arrows...please see
attached....So I believe that the Hinge motion is what you need for
your wing-flapping motion...this example is not the right handshape, so
can you try to apply these symbols and then post another version of
your writing?...I am also curious about the index and baby fingers of
the other handshape that is not the L handshape...