AW: Flying Bird

Mon Jun 21 00:08:04 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 20, 2004

Hello Everyone!
The List is having some technical problems, so if there is anyone
having problems receiving messages, or posting them, please tell me...I
will do my best to assist...;-)

And regarding writing from video - that is a wonderful experience, and
quite different than reading and writing directly, as Sandy was
doing...and you did fine, Sandy...I just misunderstood one of your
handshapes to be the index and baby fingers extended forward, and I
thought that was rather a weird flapping of the wings!

So if we could see it done on video, then there would not be as much a
question of what you were trying to write, although even then I have
learned there can be differences when viewing frames on a
computer...some video software captures different amount of frames, and
that can change the way to write the details of movement, if you do not
know the signed language...and it also means that people are not always
seeing the same thing on their computers...but if we create still
frames from the video frames, then we can find out what people are
seeing ..ha! But all this is unimportant right now!

So I think it would be great to do some video transcription again - I
have a specific job I want to do, if you are interested...it is ASl
storytelling that I need to transcribe...poetry actually -

Val ;-)