Printing SignWriting Playing Cards

Thu Mar 4 16:46:15 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 4, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> You can view information about the SignWriting Playing Cards at:
> www.pudl.info/games/swpc

Hello Everyone, and Stephen!
I am testing everything on your site, Stephen, so there may be several
message titles for you to read today, on the SW List...

First, let me congratulate you on the excellent SignWriting Playing
Cards (see attached)...They look really good! Here is my small
feedback....

1. I downloaded your two Microsoft Word files, containing the cards,
and I then printed them. I printed them back to back, as you suggested.
I think it is quite clever of you, to design them to fit on standard US
business card paper (that people in the US can purchase at computer or
stationary stores). That way, you get an easy way to cut the
cards...They will automatically have markings where to cut (or tear
them apart)...

2. Can you place grey lines on the cards to mark where to cut, if you
do not have the special business card paper? I printed on normal paper,
only to find that there are no markings where to cut. There may be
SignWriting users in other countries that will want to use your cards,
and they may not have American paper stock, since they use A4 size
paper in most countries around the world...The US paper size is the
exception, around the world.

3. There are some standardized spellings that have developed for
writing ASL numbers in SignWriting, which I will post next message....I
am not sure if I understand what you meant by a few numbers, that look
like a version of 11, 12, 13 etc...so please wait for next message to
see what I mean...

Your cards are a cool new SignWriting tool...