BLACKJACK: SignWriting Playing Cards

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Thu Mar 4 19:05:38 UTC 2004

Val,

Black Jack is a game where you try and get as close to 21 points as possible
without going over.  You start with 2 cards. You add additional cards to get
closer to 21. If you go over 21 you bust.

Aces are worth 1 or 11 points
Kings, Queens, Jacks, and 10 are worth 10 points
2 thru 9 are worth face value.

Example hand:
5 9 4 Ace King

The hand starts with the 5 and 9 checked.  This totals 14.  Playing left to
right, you would check the 4.  This would bring your total to 18.  The Ace
is worth 1 or 11, so we'll add the Ace as well.  Now the total points are
19.  Since the King is worth 10 points, we would not check it.  That would
bust this hand.

In Black Jack Run, you have 10 hands to play as quickly as possible.  Try to
get each as close to 21 as possible. After you finish, the computer will
pick a value from 13 to 20. Each hand that totals more than the computer's
value wins extra points.  Each Black Jack (21 points exactly) is worth the
most.  Each time you bust (go over 21), you loose points.

-Stephen