a SignWriting online dictionary open to many contributors...

Sun Mar 7 23:41:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 7, 2004

On Mar 7, 2004 Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> PUDL's Open Dictionary is now accepting definitions and sources will
> all new signs....

Dear SW List, and Stephen:

Regarding GIFs and PNGs of signs captured from the ASL dictionary in
SignWriter Java...I have now posted two zipped folders:

250 Signs (PNGs) for a Children's Picture Dictionary in ASL
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads/SignWriting-US-PictDict.zip

680 Signs (GIFs) for a central ASL Dictionary
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads/SignWriting-US-Central.zip

Download these and add them to your dictionary! I do not have the time
myself, to add them myself, but they are there for anyone who needs
them ;-)

I bet your dictionary will become popular, Stephen! Have other members
of the SignWriting List tried to add some of your signs to Stephen's
dictionary?

Go to:
http://www.pudl.info/dictionary/display.php?
asl=read%20and%20write%20sign