Steve and Dianne Parkhurst in Madrid are safe!...

Sat Mar 13 21:31:53 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 13, 2004

Dear SW List Members:
I want to express my sadness to all the people of Spain, in their time
of great loss...We pray that the world will learn to live in peace
someday...

Two linguists in Spain, Steve and Dianne Parkhurst, are the authors of
a popular book on SignWriting in Madrid:

SignoEscritura
http://www.SignWriting.org/spain/spain.html

Steve and Dianne used to be on the SignWriting List, but are so busy
these days, that is not possible...

When I heard of the bombings in Madrid, I realized that the train that
blew up, was one that Steve and Dianne would take, if they went into
Madrid early in the morning...

But fortunately, they just wrote to me to tell me that they are
ok...the bombings were at 7:00 am and they usually don't travel until
9:00am...and their co-worker missed the 7:00 am train and had to take
the one after that, and missed the bombing by a half-hour...my
goodness...

So we have much to be thankful for...

Sutton at SignWriting.org