Stephen's SW Word Processor

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Tue Mar 16 22:17:58 UTC 2004

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I have added a Taiwanese Sign Language dictionary to the list.  You can add
signs to the dictionary whenever you get to it.

The only dictionary I am claiming responsibility for is the ASL dictionary.
The other dictionaries are available to use if you want.  I hope to see at
least one other dictionary take off; so get to it!

As for a CD... It is possible that the dictionaries and software will be
available for download someday.

As for getting paid...  You can add signs to the dictionaries.  That is the
best thing you can do.  Second, you can preorder the Sign Writing Playing
Cards, which will be available for preorder very soon.  These contributions
will make it possible to show achievements when applying for grants.

Lastly, you can make a financial contribution to the software development
for the dictionaries.  See www.pudl.info/donate.php for more information if
you're interested.

-Stephen Slevinski
www.pudl.info

-----Original Message-----
From: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]On Behalf Of
Wayne Smith
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 9:04 AM
To: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Subject: Stephen's SW Word Processor

Stephen -
     I have just visited your page.  It is amazing and deserves the support
of all of us.  I found it very easy to type SW sentences using the
dictionary entries that you have so far.  ALSO: I discovered that it is
quite easy to copy the SW sentences into other formats, such as Microsoft
Word, in order to create documents that might be bilingual, English and ASL.
     At what point will this technology (which you should be getting paid
for!) be available for other languages?  I would love to be able to combine
signs in Taiwan Sign Language (TSL) with written Chinese so as to develop
TSL teaching materials.  I can already type Chinese characters in Word, and
with this technology I could now easily add TSL signs to the mix.
     Might you be coming out with a SW Word Processor on a CD that people
could buy?  Obviously they would be responsible for creating the databases
for their respective languages?
     In May I'll be getting back in touch with my "inner SignWriting self"
and will be in a position to upload a lot of TSL signs to the PUDL database,
if you're interested.
     Congratulations!
           - Wayne Smith
www.mrlanguage.com