Voting on PUDLs dictionary

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Thu Mar 25 23:09:03 UTC 2004

SignWriting List,

I have added 3 types of voting to PUDL's open dictionary.  I call them
challenges for now.

On the search screen, after you display a sign, you will notice three new
buttons on the right side of the scren:  Sign, name, and definition.  These
buttons will allow you to vote on existing challenges or add new challenges.

On the translation page, you can also click on any sign that appears in the
translation to open a new window that will allow access to the challenge
features.

Sign Challenge
The first kind of challenge asks if the sign is valid.  If the sign is
valid, it stays in the dictionary.  If the sign is invalid, it is removed.

When a new sign is added to the dictionary, a sign challenge is
automatically created.

Name Challenge
The second kind of challenge verifies the text name of a sign.  If the sign
has the wrong name, please suggest a new name.

Definition Challenge
The third kind of challenge verifies the definition of a sign.  If the sign
has not yet been defined, please add a definition.  If an incorrect
definition exists, please correct it.

Sorry I didn't explain this better.  I really need to clean up the
presentatin and explain everything better.  That is the next on my list.

-Stephen Slevinski
www.pudl.info