Want to write some classifiers?...and verb conjugations?...and ASL poetry?...smile...

Wed Mar 31 23:01:34 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 31, 2004

Dear SW List, and Stephen and Stuart -
I confess that I haven't been reading everyone's emails, since there is
just too much right now. But I think none of us have to worry about
these different input methods. What you are doing, Stephen, on the web
with glossing, is really an interesting development, so don't feel
discouraged by all this back and forth...We are an active group!!

And I believe Ron Detloff is very interested, and I have not tested
your email idea yet - I look forward to that later...

After I finish teaching a few other things, like the F handshapes, and
also the BaseSymbols...I would be happy to write some classifiers on
the List...would you like that? Or I could even write some ASL poetry
on the List from a video clip...Can some of you read a QuickTime file?
a .mov file....I have a wonderful video of Kevin Clark, who is several
generations Deaf and a native ASL signer...Kevin is signing a poem
called One Harbor, and it very ASL and expressive to say the least!

Val ;-)