signwriter Java questions

Nancy E. Emery nemery at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu May 13 03:46:27 UTC 2004

hi all,

I'm trying to teach myself to use Signwriter Java and have a few questions - is there a way to
have more than one facial expression at a time?  If i want to show tensed lips, eyes looking
sideways, and lowered brows, is there a way to do that without having to have three separate
head circles?

also, I have trouble keeping the blue editing box long enough to combine several elements -
when i go to try to insert another handshape, movement, etc it often just ignores that and
changes from the blue box into a completed sign.  And I can't always get the box to expand
either - sometimes the shape I'm trying to drag to expand the box just disappears out of the
box.  I'm using Mac OSX.3.   Any ideas?  I'm trying to show facial expression, some unusual
movement patterns etc. so i can't just insert from dictionaries.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Nancy Emery