SignWriting Software Development, Lisbon May3 0, 2004

Fri May 14 19:16:07 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
May 14, 2004

Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> I wondoered the same thing. Especially as by midnight of the 30th MAy I
> have to have submitted a coursework essay on issues related to the
> BSL/English dictionary. I'm specifically looking at the use of Stokoe
> in
> the dictionary and commenting upon how Signwriting would have been a
> much
> better choice.
>
> [Not sure if I've mentioned it before but since Sept 2003 I've given up
> being a computing scientist to go read for a degree in Deaf Studies at
> Middlesex University here in England.]

No. I didn't know this, Trevor. That is a good idea, to go for your
Deaf Studies degree...Maybe you can show a few signs that are in the
BSL dictionary,  written in SignWriting instead...then they can see the
comparison, a little like this web page:

Comparing SignWriting with HamNoSys and Stokoe
http://signwriting.org/forums/linguistics/ling001.html

Good luck with your coursework!