thanks! and more SW Java questions

Wed May 19 01:51:44 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
May 18, 2004

Nancy Emery wrote:
> 1)  is there a way to go back and edit sentences once I have gone on
> and
> typed something else? Once the light blue box is gone and the contents
> have
> been inserted, if I type something else and then want to go back and
> fix
> something I did previously, it seems that highlighting the earlier
> entry and
> pressing "m" just deletes the sign and replaces it with the roman
> letter m.
> Maybe I should copy and paste into a new file and try to work on it
> there?

Hello Everyone, and Nancy -
Yes. You can go back and edit something you typed...There are some
bugs, but if you know what to do when they happen, then you will
actually create a document...it was these bugs that made me think that
I could not release SignWriter Java in its current state, and yet now I
am glad I did...If I hadn't, you and I would not be working together,
would we?

So...now...To edit a sign already typed, first you must Select the sign
that you have already typed, with your mouse. I know you have already
done this, but for this exercise, do it anyway... Take your mouse and
place it at the beginning of the sign. There should be a blinking
cursor. Then drag it over the sign and it should turn dark blue...that
is how you Select a sign in SignWriter Java...please see attached...to
be continued...this will take several screens to explain...