Susan Diamond Bucher, editor of SignWriter Newspaper years ago...

Mon May 17 23:31:20 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
May 17, 2004

Adam Frost wrote:
> I know Susan as well. :-) Another good friend of mine.
> Adam

No kidding?! My goodness...that is great. Please tell Susan I have been
thinking of her lately, and wondered how she is doing, and how to reach
her...Did you know, Adam, that Susan and I worked together before? And
Susan had some influence on SignWriting too, since she taught me a lot
about Deaf people, signed languages and issues of the Deaf Community,
plus she trained the DAC in SignWriting, and also edited their written
ASL articles for the SignWriter Newspaper. And Susan was skilled at
writing the way we wrote back in the 1980's...mostly with stick figures
in the receptive viewpoint....and everything was written by hand
because personal computers weren't developed yet...I believe it was
early 1982 that we started to work together...Small world! Does Susan
know that you are now typing SignWriting?

And (smile) years later...in the late 1980's, I came to Susan's class
and taught them a day of SignWriting on computers...I went to show
everyone our new computer program called SignWriter, on the Apple //e!
It was fun and interesting...that was at El Camino College, I
believe...before SignWriter DOS!