[sw-l] ASL SIGN: image

Sat Nov 13 17:09:46 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 13, 2004

Dear SW List:
I noticed some of the new signs added by several editors, into the
SignPuddle ASL dictionary online. Wonderful to see so many signs added!

Here is a screen capture of some of the recently added ones...I believe
there are some not written correctly. ....Can you see a
misunderstanding with the Single-stemmed arrows?

Single-stemmed arrows mean back or forward. They are movement parallel
with the floor. If you want movement that goes up or down, you need
double-stemmed arrows...Is the sign for IMAGE really moving back
towards your chest? I bet you wanted it to move down?  That would take
a double-stemmed arrow....Val ;-)