[sw-l] Question about Software for Games for Deaf Children

Mon Nov 22 05:31:38 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 21, 2004

This is a wonderful help, Kate!! Many many thanks...Val ;-)

---------------------

From: "Kate Lee" <akadalton at hotmail.com>
Date: November 21, 2004 7:24:16 PM PST
To: sutton at signwriting.org
Subject: RE: Question about Software for Games for Deaf Children

Hi.
I do not know of software games geared specifically for Deaf and hard
of hearing children, however, Don Jonston makes some software that can
work well depending on the population.  Rosie's Walk is the name of
one.  It is literacy software that signs the story Rosie's Walk the
kids can click on different characters and what-not.  On that CD, there
are a few other stories.  Don Jonston makes 2-3 different CDs like
this. By the same company is a "predicatble" writing program to
facilitate the writing process particularly for students who experience
difficulty in spelling. It is called Co-Writer. It works a little bit
like the cloze procedure and gives the student a menu of words that
would make sense based on what they already wrote. The students pick
the word or spelling that looks correct.

Hope this helps a little bit.

-Kate