[sw-l] New Handshapes for the IMWA

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 22 12:51:12 UTC 2004

Valerie, et al,

I'm curious in this new shape, what happened to the little finger?  In all other IMWA shapes, if all the fingers are visible and form a part of the shape, they are indicated by lines.  The little finger is not folded into the hand in the photograph.  Where did it go?

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
November 21, 2004

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> in order to be in line with other pure lexical entries I would prefer
> the
> left vertical orientation - but of course later we can choose the one
> out of
> thousands - if we write by hand (smile) or the one out of 96 if we are
> lucky
> to borrow from your gigantic symbol set.

Can you show us, Stefan? I am not sure I know what you mean? do you
mean the first one to the left in this diagram? ha! smile...or would
you write something else?...Val ;-)