[sw-l] Five-Bent Hands and Claw Hands are different symbols....

Mon Nov 22 22:57:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 22, 2004

Hello Stefan and Everyone -
Thank you for your important question about the 5-Bent-Hand versus the
Claw Hand, which are different symbols. Here is a screen capture of all
50 hands in Group 5 in the IMWA. See the five columns of 10-symbols
down? How did I get that? I clicked on the 5 hand in SignMaker and then
these columns of symbols appeared on the screen. This is a good way to
see an entire listing of all of the symbols in one group. So in my next
message I will define each symbol explaining why they look as they
do...Val ;-)

PS. To look at groups of symbols like this, go to
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle and click on SignMaker...Then click
on a group and you will get the listing of symbols in that group...