[sw-l] Sign for SWITZERLAND...How would you write it?

Wed Nov 24 20:47:12 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 24, 2004

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> If I am right about this, the handshapes where the fingers are straight
> from the palm are easy. But I get problems understanding the system
> when
> the fingers are curved. For instance, in the sign for 'Switzerland' in
> the
> SignPudle, how is the hand held?
>
> Sorry to beother you, but as I may have misunderstood the system, and
> as
> others may have trouble, I felt I ought to ask.

Hello Everyone and Ingvild!
No bother. Glad to answer your question. I agree with Ingvild. I do not
like the way we wrote the sign for Switzerland. It doesn't seem correct
in the palm facing does it? Please see attached...which palm facing do
you all suggest we use?...Thanks for pointing this out, Ingvild!!