[sw-l] Welcome to new members from Canada!

Brenda White philcoe.bjwhite at SASKTEL.NET
Sat Nov 27 01:03:07 UTC 2004

Robart's School for the Deaf, is located in my HOME TOWN, London.  It is
about two hour drive to Windsor where I will be residing.

The church, is on the other side of the Detroit River.  I found it on the
map, but I am not sure how far it is.

There is a deaf church IN Windsor, that I intend to check out.  Maybe I can
convince them to join us.

I've looked at the Bible passages, but I think I will understand better
after I take your lessons :)

Since I am a Biblical scholar, I am looking forward to learning the above.

bw

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
To: <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Welcome to new members from Canada!

SignWriting List
November 26, 2004

Brenda White wrote:
> I will be letting Saskatchewan friends manage on their own.  After 25
> years,
> I am heading back to "home" in Ontario.   I will be moving to Windsor,
> as of
> Jan 15 2005.

SignWriting is used in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan, which may possibly
be near Windsor, Ontario? There is a Deaf Church there, directed by
Pastor Ron Dettloff, in Saint Clair Shores, and quite a number of Deaf
members read SignWriting, and some of them have been translating Bible
passages into SignWriting. Here is their web site:

SignBible Site
http://www.cyberjer.com/signbibl/

Pastor Ron Dettloff
St. Clair Shores Assembly of God
The Deaf Church
signpreach at HOTMAIL.COM

Plus, years ago, we hoped that a school for the Deaf in Canada... the
Robarts School for the Deaf, might participate in our Literacy Project:

Robarts School for the Deaf
http://www.signwriting.org/canada/canada02.html

Also near Windsor..maybe? smile...I don't know the Canadian map that
well ;-)