[sw-l] Video in our Email

Fri Nov 5 21:08:54 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 5, 2004

Tini Pel wrote:
> I did see a man talking ,but could not hear him as I do not have sound
> on my computer, so I guess I have to look into that. It is terrific,
> saw some beautiful scenery as well.
>  Also the lessons you sent the other day "Learn to read ASL in Sign
> Writing" is just great. I was able to forward it to the students on
> their computers who are taking signing lessons through L.I.F.E.
> As you may remember L.I.F.E. is a volunteer organization, We do not
> receive any salary for our work as teachers. But we love to share our
> knowledge to whom ever is interested.
> Thanks Valerie, Blessings, Tini.

Dear SW List, and Tini!
I am so glad you could see the video...that is all that matters,
because after all, signed languages usually are silent anyway (grin),
so maybe sound isn't that necessary in this case...Anyway, the
important thing is that you could see the video...and I assume this
will be helpful to people later, who need to share a sign, and they
want to show us the movements...

Thanks for your kind words about the Lessons. Glad to hear they are
useful. I am starting a new series of lessons about each symbol in the
IMWA. For now I just have those few symbols, but later, I hope to
picture every symbol in the entire writing system that way...with
examples of signs that use those symbols...some will not be ASL of
course...

Take a look at this newly constructed lessons page I am building, which
is still under construction:

Symbol Lessons
http://www.MovementWriting.org/lessons