[sw-l] introducing SW to Northern Ireland

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Sat Nov 6 19:53:52 UTC 2004

Everyone,

hi, im Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa from Sign Language Centre Belfast (in
Northern Ireland)

I was in Belgium a few weeks ago and I was visiting Kasterlinden (a deaf
school in Brussels) where they apply sign-writing to teaching the wee kids
there in VGT (Flemish Sign Language) - i have to say I am very impressed
with it - and it makes it easier to teach the wee kids there some grammar in
VGT and how VGT works.

Because of this, we hope to apply it to Northern Ireland - we ll have some
trainers coming over from Belgium to teach us how to use it.

its a good and simple system to use.

Shane