[sw-l] Video in our Email

Sun Nov 7 11:40:33 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 7, 2004

Dear SW List members, and Adam -
I want to thank you all for testing the new idea of video in our email.
I am sure there will be a day when that will happen. The reason this
solution, the Video X 30, has potential, is that is does not require
anyone to purchase anything, so if the correct version of Java is
installed, apparently it does work for 93 per cent of the computers, at
least that is what they said...however...I am not so sure it is good
enough yet...Stephen is right that if it jerks, or is not smooth
enough, the sign language will not be readable....so let's give it a
year to see what happens...it seems there is always something new being
developed in the world of technology...and if the Video X 30
development team is willing to donate their video X30 server software
to us, then we will try to make it work for us...smile...maybe with our
encouragement, they can improve it for sign language users...I bet they
never focused on that before...smile...

Val ;-)