[sw-l] TRANSCRIBE POEM: One Harbor in ASL

Mon Nov 8 01:00:01 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 7, 2004

TRANSCRIBE POEM: One Harbor in ASL

NEW WEB PAGE:
Poem in 108 Still Photos, Taken from Video Frames
http://signwriting.org/lessons/transcribe/poetry/oneharbor/
OneHarborStills/OneHarborStills.html

I look forward to seeing how you all will write these signs in
SignWriting! Post them to the List in .gif, or .jpeg, or
.png...or...make the signs in SignMaker maybe?...smile...

Then we can share our different ways to write the signs next weekend
and compare notes!!

I placed a caption under each photo with my English gloss for the
sign...I know the poem well, so I was basing it on my knowledge of the
poem...but if I made a mistake with any glosses don't hesitate to tell
me and I will fix them ;-)

I plan to write the poem down in columns, because I like to write body
shifts vertically...I can use that vertical document to introduce you
all to Sign-Lanes that show body shifts well.... Stephen has built
Sign-Lanes into his new SignText program...

But if you don't want to write vertically you don't have to...lots of
people write from left to right too...SignWriting is flexible that way.

I look forward to sharing with you!!