[sw-l] LESSONS in Transcribing a Poem from Video

Fri Nov 19 18:28:53 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 19, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> Is Sign Writer Java downloadable.  Is it interactive with Windows
> (meaning can I keep it open and clip stuff into Word from it?)

Hello Everyone, and Charles -
Yes. SignWriter Java is downloadable. Go to:

Downloads
http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads

It should open in any Windows computer that is running Java, so try it.

Once it opens, you will find that it is a partially-complete new
version of SignWriter DOS. It works slightly differently, but on the
other hand, it is close to SignWriter DOS. It has some bugs, however,
and it does not print well. But at least it is usable in Windows and
the Mac...

Regarding copying and pasting into other documents, you will probably
have to use a screen capture, and then paste that into your document...

But every symbol that was in SignWriter DOS will be there, which is
great...plus the symbols look much better than in SignWriter DOS...