AW: [sw-l] LESSONS in Transcribing a Poem from Video

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sat Nov 20 22:44:58 UTC 2004

Hi Valerie and sw-list members,

here is part three of my poem - transcription - would love to see other
transcriptions ;-))))

As you can see I added the numbers of the stills in order to make it easier
to find the photo and the transcription

Stefan ;-))

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. November 2004 05:13
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: [sw-l] LESSONS in Transcribing a Poem from Video

SignWriting List
November 15, 2004

LESSONS IN TRANSCRIBING A POEM FROM VIDEO
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/transcribe/poetry/oneharbor

LESSON ONE:
1. The signer is facing you on the video (Receptive View).
2. We are writing the signs from our point of view (Expressive View).
3. Kevin Clark, the Deaf signer, begins by fingerspelling the word
...H-A-R-B-O-R...
4. He points to his arm while he is fingerspelling, which gives the
fingerspelling focus during a performance.

Take a look at Stefan's writing of the first four frames...Really well
done, Stefan!...