[sw-l] Norwegian sign for turkey in Sign Puddle

Fri Nov 26 18:05:20 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 26, 2004

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> And a happy thanksgiving to you!
> I'm sure we all want to give you a huge amount of thanks too,
> but for now I'll only send the Norwegian sign for turkey ...

Dear SW List and Ingvild!
Thank you for this nice message...I know there are some wonderful
holidays in Norway, that I know little about, so feel free to tell us
about your holidays too...

Each country has their own unique holidays...on our international List,
we can learn from each other. For example, I believe Canada celebrates
a Thanksgiving holiday in October, isn't that right?...

Our big feast yesterday is now over, and we have eaten too much!! And
we are cleaning up after the party! It was a wonderful day for my
family, and I hope for everyone's...

By the way, I added the sign for Kalkun (turkey in Norwegian) to the
Norwegian Online Dictionary in Sign Puddle...just to get it started...

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

See attached diagram. Sign Puddle gives us the IMWA. The flexing wrist
motions are now real symbols. You do not have to construct the flexing
symbol now, as you do in the old SW DOS program: