AW: [sw-l] SWISS-FRENCH: Sign for Swiss-French Sign Language?

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod girodmarc at VTX.CH
Mon Oct 4 20:32:33 UTC 2004

Dear Stefan

it is supposed to be a 2 handed sign!
the left hand flat... with the thumb open... the space between the hand
and the thumb looks like the shape of french speaking part of
Switzerland... if you look at a map you see Geneva at the extreme left
of Switzerland...... Geneva would be  at the base of the thumb... then
right hand moves to cover all the different "cantons  romands"(states
where we do speak french)

hope I did help to understand the sign!!

Anny