[sw-l] Joining the SW list!

Kathleen Heylen kathjeleen at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 13 18:55:39 UTC 2004

Hello,

thank you very much! I will show it to my pupils :o)
I'm not planning on filling this dictionary because there is a Flemish Sign Language dictionary availible on the internet: http://ugent.gebaren.be
But i doubt if it is in English too.
But i will try to motivate my students to participate in this dictionary building ;o)

Greetz Kathleen
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Slevinski
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 8:29 PM
  Subject: RE: [sw-l] Joining the SW list!

  Hi Kathleen,

  Welcome to the list.  I'm one of the hearing programmers.

  If you would like to see Flemish sign langauge on the Internet in SignWriting, maybe you (and your class?) could help build SignBank's online dictionaries?  You can add signs to the dictionary using Sign Maker, a javascript application.  It's not typing like SignWriter.  It uses drag and drop.

  I've created a Sign Puddle dictionary for Flemish SL so you can try it out.
  http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-BE-VLG/

  If you're interested I can make you an editor for the dictionary so you can rename and delete signs.

  -Stephen Slevinski
  slevinski at signwriting.org