[sw-l] Need Egyptian SL Resource

Romy Spitz romyspitz at MSN.COM
Fri Oct 15 18:42:57 UTC 2004

Hello to All,

By way of introduction, I am a novice signwriter, mostly using it to
document idiosyncratic gestures (homesigns) that deaf/hoh and hearing
nonverbal clients with developmental disabilities or linguistic isolation
have and use for their sole communication mode.  That way at least someone
can tell the Deaf interpreter or the educaitonal team the person's "sign"
for their workplace, dog, mom, soda, etc.  But that's not why I am writing
today.

I writing on behalf of Karen Tinsley.  Karen is looking for Egyptian Sign
Language Resources for a youth who recently moved from Cairo to the US.  We
had hoped that there would be a dictionary in the signwriting dictiionaries,
but found none.  If anyone has any resources, names of contacts, etc. please
let us know.  Karen is ktinsely at comcc.org.  I'll post to SL-LING as well.

Thanks in advance,

Romy