[sw-l] Guidelines for Dictionary Editors ;-)

Mon Oct 18 21:27:24 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 18, 2004

Sandy Fleming wrote:
> I'm sure there are plenty of nice signs we could still keep on entering
> meanwhile if Stephen doesn't have time to do this at the moment!  :)

Ha! Yes. You are right. I do not want to ask Stephen to program any
kind of voting system. It doesn't seem friendly, and it becomes hard to
manage...In fact, I vote against a voting system! smile...

And ratings for dictionary entries gets confusing, because the kids
find a way to look anyway - ha!

So no extra programming is needed, when it comes to Editor's Guidelines.

I think it is best that in time, the Editors of one country talk
privately to decide on guidelines for deleting signs and renaming signs
within their own language...

Meanwhile, everyone is welcome to add signs...

For me, regarding the ASL online dictionary, I would suggest that we
avoid sexual signs and swear-words...

Does anyone agree with me? There are at least 50,000 signs you can
still enter, that are not in those categories!