[sw-l] Guidelines for Dictionary Editors ;-)

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Oct 18 23:18:50 UTC 2004

I don't mind what any _other_ editor puts in the BSL dictionary as long as
it is, or could be argued to be, valid BSL.

But I always get this phenomenon in real life where people ask me how to
sign things and all they really want to know is rude signs. You try to teach
them a variety of signs, but a week later all they can remember are the rude
ones. And they'r teaching them to everyone else. Eventually every hearing
person in the room knows how to swear at me but still can't communicate...!

So without being a prude, I'll build up a substantial dictionary of really
useful signs before even beginning to think of starting an online version of
the "What's the sign for b......t?" club!  :)

Sandy