[sw-l] Dissertation by Sarah Pearson

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Fri Oct 22 17:17:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> forwarded to
SignWriting List the following:

> On Oct 14, 2004, at 8:13 AM, Sarah Louise Pearson wrote:
> > I feel i may have emailed you before but am not sure! I am a student at
> > Central Lancashire university in the UK, doing my final Year in Deaf
> > studies, i am doing my dissertation on the stokoe sign notation system
> > and your notation system,

I'm a 2nd year student at Middlesex University on their new Deaf Studies
degree programme, which is run in collaboration with City Lit's Centre
for Deaf People. As part of my Introduction to BSL Level 3 module last
year I did a little comparison of Stokoe and SignWriting in an essay.
Preparation for which included creating a glossary of IT terms using
Stokoe notation as coursework for another module. For a short while I was
very good at parsing those funny Stokoe squiggles but without constant
exposure that knowledge has completely evaporated whereas I can follow the
gist of written SignWriting even though I've not completed Valerie's
training materials.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!