[sw-l] SWDB - Linguistic SignWriting Database

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sat Oct 23 23:49:53 UTC 2004

Hi Val,

For Sign Maker, I converted all of the IMWA images to black & white.  I then
converted the white to transparent.  So the images that Sign Maker uses are
actually black and transparent.

To fix this problem, all of the IMWA symbols will need to be recreated with
three colors: black, white, and transparent.  All of the white space around
the symbols needs to be transparent.  The inside of the handshapes needs to
be white.

If you are unable to create graphics with transparent backgrounds, you can
create the images with 3 colors; such as black, white, and grey.  The white
space around the signs will need to be grey.  Any other part of the symbols
that needs to be transparent will also need to be grey, such as the inside
of faces.  I can then convert the grey color to transparent.

Then if two flat palms facing the signer are placed one on top of the other,
the symbol underneath will only be covered by the black outline and the
white fill, but not the transparent border.

If you still need graphic representation, I can create a page that will
explain with pictures.

-Stephen