[sw-l] haiku classifiers

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Oct 26 00:16:18 UTC 2004

Me again!

Interesting. Of course, different sign languages are different.

The sign for "branch" I used is definitely correct BSL. Having defined the
branch like this I can't really put the bird anywhere else - for the purpose
of the poem it has to go on that bare branch. So I think I've got it right,
but next time somebody talks about birds and trees in BSL, my eyes will perk
up to see what they do!

I've just looked up the Black Book (the big BSL dictionary) and the branch
is signed curving upwards in the photograph, but -hmmm... that's just not
how I saw the branch when I read the poem!

Sandy