[sw-l] Limitations on size of attachments....

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Oct 5 15:04:07 UTC 2004

Val,

After your suggestion of an approximately 30K limitation, I sent a 29Kb gif
this morning which didn't work.

So far the largest I've sent successfully is 26Kb.

Three things I do to reduce size in PaintShop Pro are:

1. resize the gif to make it smaller (Image -> Resize);

2. reduce the number of colours (Colors -> Decrease Color Depth);

3. crop (this is an icon on the toolbar).

Obviously, lots of people know this stuff, but this might help some.

I think there are some "Prepare for the Web" things as well, but I never use
them - I like to have control!

Sandy