[sw-l] SignPuddle

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Fri Oct 8 13:52:23 UTC 2004

From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 9:23 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] SignPuddle

SignWriting List
October 8, 2004

Sandy Fleming wrote:
> This would be a very easy way to build webpages with SignWriting
> without
> having to extract and store the images on my own sever, but would this
> sort
> of behaviour be acceptable to you, considering the load it would put
> on your
> server? It might be quite a heavy load if people start using the Puddle
> dictionaries to compose whole texts on their websites!

Hello Sandy, Stephen and Everyone!
Congrats on entering the sign for Wales (smile). I extracted the .png
image from the htm file and here it is attached to this message...Looks
good! When you create a sign in SignMaker now, it creates two kinds of
files. One is a graphic image in .png format, and the other is the one
that holds the language information, called a .bld file (Stephen's
development)...So when I opened your htm file, I found the .png file
for Wales there, and I right-clicked on my mouse and downloaded it.
Then I attached the .png to this message.

Did you know that SignPuddle is not on Stephen's server? We moved Sign
Puddle to the SignBank site during the summer which means it is on my
server....not my server in my home...but on DeafVision, where I pay an
annual fee to host our SignBank site. And as far as I know our memory
is ok right now, so go right ahead, Sandy, and be as creative as you
wish! That was why we moved SignPuddle to SignBank, so we would have a
long-lasting, ongoing server for SignPuddle... Val ;-)