[sw-l] Sign Puddle: SPANISH

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at MAC.COM
Wed Oct 20 15:38:40 UTC 2004

> Query:  When labeling signs in the glossary, am I constrained to use
> English?  I would prefer Spanish glosses, but I do not know how to indicate
> accents.

Good question. Do we want to convert everything internally to (2-byte?)
Unicode? As for input, is there a platform-independent way of making
sure that diacritics are accounted for? This is important, expecially for
languages where characters may take multiple diacritics. There are schemes
where letters are followed by a diacritic placeholder (e/clair), which can
then be converted internally.

Cheers,

Dan.