[sw-l] Wrong Links on the SignWriting Site

Wed Sep 8 19:56:43 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 8, 2004

On Sep 8, 2004, at 10:46 AM, Sandy Fleming wrote:
> Remember too that the BSL dictionary link really looks up the ASL
> dictionary!

No. You were in the wrong section. You needed to click on the red
umbrella for SignPuddle...it keeps you from getting your feet wet when
it is raining signs written in SignWriting!

You instead clicked on SignBank dictionaries in the center of the page,
and that took you to a section that is separate and different. Before
we had SignPuddle, I felt quite alone in developing a way for people to
access a dictionary on the web...We needed SignPuddle for sure, but we
didn't have it, so I tried to develop another format for dictionaries
on the web...and I started a section for BSL but never entered any
signs in it, because then SignPuddle happened, and all of a sudden my
old design seemed unimportant...so you entered that area that was still
under construction by mistake.

When Stephen and I decided to move PUDL over to SignPuddle on SignBank,
I mentioned this other area to Stephen and asked if maybe I should just
take it down, because it could be confusing for SignPuddle users...I
think that I should do that now, so there is no more confusion.

So the SignBank dictionaries icon in the center of the home page will
still be there, but it will instead lead to a way to download the full
SignBank database onto your desktop...to use offline.

You know, SignBank is a pretty terrific program, if anyone will ever
want to use it! We can talk more about that later...I hope you find
SignPuddle, Sandy!