[sw-l] Wrong Links on the SignWriting Site

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Sep 8 20:51:37 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 8, 2004

Sandy Fleming wrote:
> SignBank Dictionaries? Puddle Dictionaries? And the Puddle
> Dictionaries only accessible via SignBank? It's all a bit confusing.
> Would it help if we called the Puddle dictionaries something
> meaningful rather than historical? "International Dictionaries"? If
> you go to the home page (red background)) and look at the icons down
> the left hand side, you'll see that there are _two_ identical icons
> marked "Dictionaries" and they both link to the same thing. Anyway, I
> understand it now!

Hello Sandy!
Sorry for the confusion. We are sooo lucky that Stephen Slevinski
transferred SignPuddle to SignBank...if we had not done that, he was
planning to close SignPuddle completely, and we would never have seen
it again...so it was very important to place SignPuddle on SignBank...

The term SignPuddle is connected with Stephen Slevinski's programming.
The term SignBank is connected with my design of a FileMaker database
that is making the SSS possible...so they are two different programs
with two different names and two different programmers...

I know it is confusing, but I am trying to solve it now. Thanks for
your feedback! That is important and I appreciate it - I will tell you
when I make improvements... Val ;-)