[sw-l] Movement Writer alpha release

Thu Sep 16 15:18:29 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 16, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> Movement Writer alpha release uses Javascript.  It accepts keyboard,
> mouse
> clicks, and drag&drop.  Some, all or none of these features may work
> for
> your browser/OS combination.

The Javascript at this time is not working very well in most browsers,
so after we test this, we need to think through how it can become more
universally used on all browsers...But this is an excellent
start...thank you! I think it is hard for people to tell you if they
would use Movement-Writer or not, because not everyone has a browser
that works enough to test it yet...so most people have not had a chance
to really give an opinion...I definitely think you should continue to
improve it...immediate feedback is not possible right now from
everyone, but I will test your typing instructions shortly, and I hope
that will help...;-)

And I assume that the old Create program on SignPuddle, which is now
called SignMaker, can also support drag and drop? The SignMaker program
is really important too, and should not be discarded, but be a
supplement to, or an adjunct to, any SW typing program...

For List Members...if you go to SignPuddle now, you will see new icons
on the left side of the screen...Look at the attached diagram. The
email program is now called SignMail, and the old Create program is now
called SignMaker...And maybe someday we can add a Movement-Writer
icon...who knows?! ;-)