[sw-l] Video phone technical support ;-)

Mon Sep 20 18:08:20 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 20, 2004

Dear SW List:
I now have my first video phone in my office. It sits on the top of my
television, looking at me while I am working on my computer. It is a
D-Link DVC 1000. The camera is hooked to my TV set, and it is connected
to the internet via cable modem and router. So it is not connected to
my computer, although it could be. I like the idea that the video
conversations with Deaf friends can take place with or without a
computer. And I can dial out. So I tried calling friends. So far no one
has answered their video phone! Ha! So I do not know if it works or not
yet...I am still learning!

If anyone would like to try reaching me by video phone, below is my
information. If you try, and get no response, then please write to me
by email to tell me, so I can learn how to fix the problem...smile...I
am determined to learn how to video conference this Fall, so we can
start teaching SignWriting through video conferencing over the
internet...

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org

Videophone: