[sw-l] Please test new SignMaker with Drag and Drop

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Wed Sep 22 07:07:32 UTC 2004

Hi list,

I have a new version of SignMaker ready for Sign Puddle.  This version uses
drag and drop.  I have tested it on Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefow.
It works fine.  Not sure if it will work for mac though :(  I'm still
investigating and I don't have access to a mac...

If all goes well, I will add it to SignBank in a day or two.

When you open the screen, you will see a floating Sign Box, a control table,
and a symbol palette.

You have two options with the symbol palette.  You can drag symbols over to
the sign box.  Or you can click on a symbol to view more symbols underneath.
The symbol palette has three levels.  The top level has the categories and
groups.  The next level has symbols and variations.  The final level has
fills and rotations.

You can drag any symbol from any level over to the sign box.

With the control table you can clear the sign box, return the symbol palette
to the top level, or add the sign to the dictionary.

After the symbols have been added to the sign box, you can use drag and drop
to finish the sign.

I still need to add SignWriter control keys like flip and rotate for symbols
in the sign box.  I also need to add the ability to delete individual
symbols from the sign box.

Give it a try and let me know.

Thanks,
-Stephen