[sw-l] Please test new SignMaker with Drag and Drop

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Wed Sep 22 23:12:41 UTC 2004

Bill,

I can fix the XY coordinates easy enough, but the mapping between SSS-US and
SSS-2004 does not yet exist.  And when the mapping exists, I will still need
to program the mapping.  I've got a headache just thinking about it.

Is the Y coordinate positive going down?  Yes. (0,0) is the top-left.  X
increases to the right.  Y increases going down.

-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Bill Reese
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 12:11 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Please test new SignMaker with Drag and Drop

  Stephen,
  Not enough information.  :-)
  You may be able to make a couple editing macros to correct the old build
files that are using the old SSS-US subset and also to correct for the XY
coordinates.

  I notice that you say that the present origin point of the XY coordinates
is at the upper-left corner and yet, the Y coordinates are positive.  Is the
Y coordinate positive going down?

  Bill

  Stephen Slevinski wrote:

    Hi Bill,

    I am storing the internal design of the signs added to Sign Puddle with
Sign Maker.

    I added the graphic drama with Sign Maker.  The image file is located:
    http://www.oculog.net/puddle/dict/sl/drama.png

    The information to build this file is located:
    http://www.oculog.net/puddle/dict/sl/drama.bld

    The contents of the build file is:

03-06-001-01-01-02,69,88,03-06-001-01-01-03,95,108,03-02-002-01-01-01,69,88,
03-02-002-01-01-03,95,108,

    To break this down, it is a combination of SSS id and XY coordinates.
    03-06-001-01-01-02 @ ( 69, 88 )
    03-06-001-01-01-03 @ ( 95, 108 )
    03-02-002-01-01-01 @ ( 69, 88 )
    03-02-002-01-01-03 @ ( 95, 108)

    The information in the build file can be used with a php script I
created: image.php.  Using this script is easy.

http://www.oculog.net/puddle/image.php?build=03-06-001-01-01-02,69,88,03-06-
001-01-01-03,95,108,03-02-002-01-01-01,69,88,03-02-002-01-01-03,95,108,

    Opening this page will display the symbol.

    So, it should be possible to edit existing symbols.  I just need to
create the design and add the code.

    Unfortunately, the previous signs added to the Sign Puddle dictionary
have problems with the build files.  Some of the symbols use the old SSS-US
numbers.  The other signs have the XY coordinates as the center of the
symbols, rather than the upper-left.  (Poor design choice)

    Probably too much information but...
    -Stephen